This param tag prompts users with Flash Player 6.0 r65 and higher to download the latest version of Flash Player. Delete it if you don’t want users to see the prompt.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Welcome to visitors:

दिल्ली स्कूल ऑफ ईकोनॉमिक्स (डीएसई) 1949 में उन्नत अर्थशास्त्र और संबंधित विषयों में अध्ययन और अनुसंधान के लिए एक संस्था के रूप में प्रोफेसर वी.के. आर.वी. राव की पहल पर स्थापित किया गया था. 1952 में, दिल्ली स्कूल ऑफ ईकोनॉमिक्स सोसायटी के नाम के तहत एक औपचारिक पंजीकृत संस्था का गठन किया गया था और दिल्ली स्कूल ऑफ इकोनॉमिक्स उसका एक घटक बन गया. डीएसई सोसायटी ने स्कूल के प्रशासन के लिए एक शासी निकाय का गठन किया. उसके बाद स्कूल की एक मिश्रित स्थिति थी, एक तरफ अर्थशास्त्र और वाणिज्य विभाग के रूप में और दूसरी ओर एक राष्ट्रीय और अंतरराष्ट्रीय महत्व के संस्थान रूप में कार्यरत. इसके लिए धनराशि विश्वविद्यालय बजट से एक विभाग के रूप में अपनी गतिविधियों के लिए और साथ ही अन्य स्रोतों से सोसायटी द्वारा एकत्र धन से आयी. 1956 में, स्कूल अपनी खुद की नई इमारत में ले जाया गया जो कि गैर सरकारी स्रोतों से प्राप्त दान और आंशिक रूप से विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान आयोग द्वारा दी गई सहायता से बनाया गया. 1959 में, विश्वविद्यालय ने एक समाजशास्त्र विभाग और एक मानव भूगोल के विभाग की स्थापना की. यह दोनों ही स्कूल के भाग के रूप में गठित किए गये. 1967 में, विश्वविद्यालय ने एक अलग वाणिज्य विभाग की स्थापना की, वह भी स्कूल का भाग बना. मई 1993 में, वाणिज्य और बिजनेस स्टडीज का एक नया संकाय, जिसमें वाणिज्य एक विभाग के रूप में, स्थापित किया गया. सामान्य प्रशासन और डीएसई में स्थित सभी विभागों की आम समस्याओं की जिम्मेदारी निदेशक की है जो वाइस चांसलर द्वारा इस प्रयोजन के लिए अर्थशास्त्र, भूगोल और समाजशास्त्र विभाग में प्रोफेसर के बीच में से तीन साल की अवधि के लिए वरिष्ठता के अनुसार बारी - बारी से नियुक्त किया जाता है. दिल्ली स्कूल ऑफ इकोनॉमिक्स में अर्थशास्त्र और समाजशास्त्र के विभागों को आर्थिक इतिहास और आर्थिक विकास और समाजशास्त्र क्रमशः में एडवांस्ड स्टडीज के केंद्र के रूप में, यूजीसी, द्वारा मान्यता दी गई है|

The Delhi School of Economics (DSE) was established in 1949 as an institution for advanced studies and research in Economics and allied disciplines at the initiative of Professor V.K.R.V. Rao.  In 1952, a formal registered body under the name of Delhi School of Economics Society was formed and the Delhi School of Economics became one of its components. The DSE Society constituted a Governing Body for the administration of the School. The School had thereafter a mixed status, functioning both as the University Department of Economics and Commerce and as an Institute of national and international importance. Its funds also came both from the University budget for its activities as a Department and from the funds collected by the Society from other sources. In 1956, the School moved into its own new building which was built out of donations received from private sources and partly with assistance given by the University Grants Commission.  In 1959, the University established a Department of Sociology and a Department of Human Geography. Both of these were formed as part of the School. In 1967, the University established a separate Department of Commerce. In May 1993, a new Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies was established with Commerce as a Department. The responsibility of general administration and problems common to all the departments located in the DSE is entrusted to the Director who is appointed for the purpose by the Vice Chancellor from among the Professors in the Departments of Economics, Geography and Sociology according to seniority for a period of three years by rotation. The departments of Economics and Sociology in the Delhi School of Economics have been recognized by the UGC as Centers for Advanced Studies in Economic History and Economic Development, and Sociology respectively.