SOUTH CAMPUS LIBRARY
Delhi-110 021. (
WRITE-OFF POLICY/ GUIDELINES
In its effort to repurpose library collection, South Campus Library regularly conducts weeding out exercise of superseded, dilapidated and unserviceable/ unwanted material through university approved procedure by way of gift/donation/destroying/shredding/sale/auction etc, as may be deemed fit.
The constitution of the Weeding of Books Committee and Write off Committee as conveyed by D.R. Estab letter No. Estab.III/Lib./88/74387 dated 28/29 March 1988 is as follows:
Weeding of Books Committee for recommending weeding out of damaged/mutilated /obsolete/dilapidated books/documents.
· Administrative Head of the Unit (Chairman)
· Head of the Department concerned or their Nominees Viz.
· Department of Business Economics
· Department of Financial Studies
· Department of Political Science
· Department of Mathematics
· Inst. of Information & Communication
· Department of Electronic Science
· Department of Genetics
· Department of Hindi
· Department of Sanskrit
· Department of Psychology
· Library In-charge of the Unit
· Write off committee for recommending write off and disposal of damaged/ mutilated/obsolete/dilapidated books/ by way of donation /gift/destroying/sale/auction/shredding on the recommendation of Weeding out Committee.
· Librarian or his nominee (In-charge of the Library Unit)
· Administrative Head of the Unit
· A.R. (Accounts & Finance)
· Internal Audit Officer
© South Campus Library,