E- Resources are the Electronic subject resources available at your desktop. E- Resources are supplied by a number of different publishers and are of two types- Bibliographic Databases & Full text Journals. E- Journals are published in two formats - Html and File format called PDF.
The steps involved in carrying out an online search vary from system to system because each system allows specific types of search and uses specific operators for different search commands.
These are the basic steps that one needs to follow to conduct an online search.
1. Select a search topic. This is a critical step and depends on a number of factors such as the requirement of users, how much the user already knows.
2. Select the appropriate databases to search.. The success of a search largely depends on the appropriate selection of a database.
3. Formulate search expressions. This is key part of job and involves the activities such as selection of appropriate terms and /or phrases. At this stage, the user should have an understanding of nature, content and structure of the chosen databases and also needs to know what search facilities are available such as Boolean search, Function, field specific search, proximity search and so on and the appropriate operators. The search operators and syntax for formulating search expression vary from one search service to the other.
4. Select the appropriate format for display.
5. Select the mode of delivery. Your may download all the chosen records online.